As a member of BVKN you will have the opportunity to establish your qualifications and interest in advance, so that when the right independent contractor role is available you can quickly express interest and potentially join that team. Available roles can vary in their requirements – from a few hours to a few months in duration. Travel is not always required.
What Types of Opportunities Do We Offer?
Opportunities typically available include the following roles or areas of expertise:
- Gas Site Assessors
- Electric Site Assessors
- Water Site Assessors
- Gas Transmission, Storage, Distribution
- Market Modeling, Planning
- Electric, Gas, Water Rate & Regulatory
- Cybersecurity, Physical Security
- AMI Operational Readiness
- AMI Implementation, Operations
- Stormwater Billing
- Language Translator
- Organizational Change Management Consultant
- Project Manager
What is Required to Become a Member of BVKN?
To become a member of BVKN start by completing the online application form.
Additional requirement for membership consideration include:
- Ability to complete a BVKN selected, background check which will be at your expense. (The estimated cost begins at $99.)
- As an Independent Contractor, you will be issued a 1099 tax form; you will not be a W-2 employee.
- Ability to provide proof of insurance coverage. The required insurance coverage includes:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy
- Automobile Liability Policy
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance & Employer’s Liability Insurance
Note: The proof of insurance will not be required until there is a task order issued to you. If you are not currently assigned to an active task order, you will not be required to hold the above-listed insurance coverage. However, you will not be offered a task order until proof of insurance is presented.
How Do I Express Interest in an Opportunity?
Once you become a member of BVKN, you can visit the opportunities page to view current openings.
Simply click on the “I’m Interested” button on the opportunity page to notify our team. BVKN members may also be contacted directly if their experience and skill set matches a current opportunity being sourced.
Will My BVKN Membership Expire?
No. As long as you can maintain the membership requirements, including insurance coverage, you can remain in the network and eligible for open opportunities.
How Do I Get the Most Out of the Network?
BVKN is designed to provide a way for individuals with specialized skills to find opportunities that fit their career lifestyle. The community that BVKN provides will allow you the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals through content sharing and social networking as well direct engagement as you are selected for assignments.