The Black & Veatch Knowledge Network (BVKN) was developed to support individuals who prefer the independent, contract-based career path. As a member of BVKN you have the ability to express interest in opportunities that best align to your specialized interest and fit your schedule.
Skills Description: We have an immediate need for individuals who can serve as an organizational change management consultant primarily on AMI projects. Be well versed in five prongs of change management – communication, training, stakeholder analysis, business processes, and organizational design. Lead a team, work in small groups, and operate in a client-facing position. Utilize experience in customer communications and possess the following skills:
- Consulting Capability
- Responsible for developing deliverables such as training plans, OCM strategy, stakeholder analysis, etc.
- Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels
- Enhances established working relationships with team members and management from within the client’s organization
- Contributes to quality review on own engagements
- Ascertains and meets client expectations within scope of engagement role
- Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals to articulate the business case for realized efficiencies or added value
- Challenges client’s current strategy and direction through persuasive argument.
- Defines competitive advantage and achievable value to the client through use of the strategic change components and metrics.
- Formulates issue-based hypotheses and develops analytical plan for testing.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce moderately complex work products and solutions across many phases of an engagement or one phase of a more complex engagement
- Applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs
- Anticipates and resolves technical problems with occasional technical assistance from others
- Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans
- Contributes to quality reviews of assigned engagements
- Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement and proposes solutions
- Manages client expectations within defined scope of engagement
- Recommends appropriate resources based on the phases of an assignment
- Delegates work to assigned team members
- Uses defined processes and practices in assessing engagement risks
- Manages engagement issues in less complex projects or escalates issues in more complex projects
- At least 3 years’ experience in a consulting environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in organizational change management
- Certifications related to area of expertise, where applicable preferred
- Prosci training
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Duration: 3 months with possible extensions to 9 months
- Industry: Power
- Location: Midwest U.S.
- Travel requirements: 100% travel
- Compensation Type: Hourly rate + expenses