DER and Distribution System Load and Resource Forecasting Contract Consultant
BVKN is seeking contract professionals with the skills, knowledge and experience with focus on forecasting models, data, and methodologies particularly for DER and the distribution system.
- Top-down system load forecasting for transmission planning
- Bottom-up load forecasting for distribution planning
- Reconciliation between transmission and distribution forecasts
- Utility scale resource forecasts for variable and storage resources in terms of location, operation and technology costs
- Availability and quality of supporting data including historical load, DER historical operating performance data, weather forecasts, etc.
- DER forecasting capability and models by DER type including Solar PV, Energy Storage, Electric Vehicles, Demand Response, and Energy Efficiency
- Forecasting granularity both location and temporal
- 10+ years of experience forecasting models, data, and methodologies particularly for DER and the distribution system.
Education and Skills Requirements
- College degree or equivalent work experience (preferably Finance, Economics, Engineering or Science)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Knowledge in Power Utilities
- Knowledge in Distribution Systems and Distributed Energy Resources
- Expertise in Forecasting and Modeling
- Willingness to travel
- Duration: 1 month
- Industry: Power
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Travel Requirements: 75% travel, on-site at client
- Compensation: Hourly rate + expenses
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org