Website Black & Veatch Knowledge Network
As a DER consultant you will provide technical or industry knowledge in the implementation and integration of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases.
Expectations of This Role:
- Support execution of projects to assist electric utilities with management of distributed energy resource programs (solar PV, non-solar distributed generation, electric vehicles, battery storage, demand response, energy efficiency), improvement of utility customer experience, software implementation and new analytics platforms, and other grid modernization challenges
- Support proposals and business development with utility clients in the same areas
- Support the evaluation of potential new vendor partners, and the development of partnerships with key vendors
- Support the execution of projects in other Management Consulting offerings (Advisory & Planning, Business and Technology Architecture, Program Services) as needed
This contract role will require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, five years of power industry experience around designing or implementing DER or similar types of renewable energy solutions and programs. Additionally, this role will require up to 80% travel to client sites and the ability to manage a small team.
Skills and Experience May Include:
- General knowledge of the electric utility industry and grid modernization challenges facing the industry, and understanding of utility processes/programs
- Familiarity with leading vendors and competitors in the grid modernization space
- Ability to conduct research, complete writing assignments using analytical skills
- Experience and skilled in software implementation and utility program development/management
- Project management experience in Distributed Energy Resources including energy storage and distributed renewables such as solar and wind