The Black & Veatch Knowledge Network (BVKN) was developed to support individuals who prefer the independent, contract-based career path. As a member of BVKN you have the ability to express interest in opportunities that best align to your specialized interest and fit your schedule.
Provides technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases, including both cybersecurity engagements and other engagements with cybersecurity dimensions. Demonstrate capabilities with moderate level of oversight and collaboration with more senior level professionals. Scope and size of projects they contribute to are generally smaller or they may own a smaller portion of a larger project. May lead a small to medium size effort or project team. May delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable.
Project Managers generally work on multiple concurrent projects at a given time. This position is part of the Business Technology & Architecture Consulting Group within Black & Veatch Management Consulting, LLC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support execution of projects to assist utilities with cybersecurity initiatives or with other initiatives that have cybersecurity elements
- Support proposals and business development with utility clients in the same areas
- Support the evaluation of potential new vendor partners, and the development of partnerships with key vendors
- Support the execution of projects in other Management Consulting offerings (Advisory & Planning, Asset Management, Analytics & Business Performance, Customer Ops & Billing) as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of project management experience
- 3 years of experience with cybersecurity functions and/or system implementation, administration or program management
- 3 years of experience in consulting firm or environment
- General knowledge of the utility industry and challenges facing the industry, and understanding of utility processes/programs and regulations, including NERC CIP, identity and access management, IoT, and other key topics
- Experience with cybersecurity tools and solutions as well as with cybersecurity functions, such as identity and access management, network security, security event management, and grid/AMS/AMI security management
- PMP and/or CISSP are a +
- Familiarity with leading vendors and competitors in cybersecurity products and solutions
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills
- Strong skills in software implementation and utility program development/management
- Strong client engagement and business development skills
- Strong interest in helping utility clients in addressing industry challenges and adapting to coming changes and cybersecurity impacts in the utility business model