Black & Veatch Knowledge Network
As an Asset Management Consultant you will provide technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases. Scope and size of projects contact consultants contribute to are generally smaller or they may own a smaller portion of a larger project. You may be delegated to specific team assignments through various phases of an engagement or manage projects from prospecting to client deliverables.
- Support execution of projects to assist electric utilities with management of distributed energy resource programs (solar PV, non-solar distributed generation, electric vehicles, battery storage, demand response, energy efficiency), improvement of utility customer experience, software implementation and new analytics platforms, and other “Utility 2.0” challenges
The roles requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience as well as five years of of utility experience in the area of renewable energy, DER or smartgrid. The ability to lead projects teams, monitor scope, budget and maintain schedules.
- General knowledge of the electric utility industry and “Utility 2.0” challenges facing the industry, and understanding of utility processes/programs
- Familiarity with leading vendors and competitors in the Utility 2.0 space
- Research, writing, and analytical skills
- Skilled in software implementation and utility program development/management
- Distributed Energy Resources experience – including energy storage, and distributed renewables such as solar and wind, etc.