The Black & Veatch Knowledge Network (BVKN) was developed to support individuals who prefer the independent, contract-based career path. As a member of BVKN you have the ability to express interest in opportunities that best align to your specialized interest and fit your schedule.
Consulting Skills Description: We are seeking contractors with the skills, knowledge and experience outlined below:
- Understanding of functional design solution within the system landscape for Meter Data Management (MDM) and Fusion Middleware.
- Coordination with other functional area owners when needed to capture, understands end-to-end solution.
- Ensuring test case coverage for business and functional requirements.
- Ability to prioritize requirement and test cases based on criticality to business operations.
- Reviewing test case development for errors, requirement understanding, adherence to business processes, alignment with approved functional designs.
- Reviewing test case execution for accuracy and completeness.
- The triage of testing defects including the review of execution steps, facilitating defect fix discussions with development teams.
- Stakeholder engagement to confirm functional designs and test cases adequately address business needs.
- Includes but not limited to:
– Test case development clarification
– Presentation of design solution summaries, if needed.
– Demonstrating requirement coverage and impact analysis/changes to current-state processes.
- Understanding of basic testing methodologies
- Industry experience, specifically electric and gas
- Read Load:
– Knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) metering data and processes
– Head end systems: Sensus RNI/SS UIQ
– MDM, CIS and Oracle CC&B experience
Education and Skills Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Knowledge of Utilities
- Knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Willingness to travel
- Duration: 6 months or less
- Industry: Gas
- Location: Virtual – U.S.
- Travel Requirements: 75% travel, on-site at client
- Compensation Type: Hourly rate + expenses